As a Product Marketing Specialist, you will have the opportunity to define and drive the go-to-market positioning for XTM Cloud. This role will connect our product strategy with the tactics we need to ensure success in marketing and sales. You will be a product evangelist for XTM and build strong connections with the product and technical teams. You’ll create captivating messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales team to be successful. This is a new role at XTM. The right candidate will make it their own and evolve our product marketing.
What you will do:
- Master market intelligence – be the expert on our industry, what is shaping it and where it’s going
- Become an expert on buyers and influencers – know how they buy, their buying criteria, pain points and value drivers
- Understand the competitive landscape – be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications – develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates us and resonates with our target buyer personas
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Develop the content needed to support the product marketing strategy including and not limited to: product release blogs, PR material, launch packs, Knowledge base articles etc.
- Understand and support sales channels – help train our sales team on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it
- Evangelise the product on XTM-owned as well as external platforms (XTM Community, Linkedin groups etc.)
- Function effectively as part of a focused, collaborative and virtual marketing team
- 2+ years of experience in product marketing, content marketing, product management, or related roles. Prior software experience a plus.
- Ability to make complex concepts easy to understand – potential to become a product (SAAS technology) expert and then market and relate this to varied audiences
- Experience working cross-functionally and in remote teams
- Strong writing skills with the ability to translate technical concepts into compelling customer/business benefits
- Good visual understanding and ability to communicate effectively using visual tools
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience developing messaging/positioning/personas
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and dedication to accomplishing goals
- Background with SaaS software, and specific knowledge of language technology and the Translation Management System (TMS) space an advantage