4 key aspects of an efficient Translation Management System
Having attended a significant number of industry events, I often hear the question: “What should I expect from a next-gen efficient Translation Management System?”. This in my opinion is a very important issue to explore, since there are no universal benchmarks allowing a user to objectively identify the threshold of optimum translation management software. Recently I managed to narrow down a set of features I find especially important to look out for.
First of all, in this day and age an essential requirement to a successful localization process is optimal support for the translation project management system. Additionally a project coordinator must never underestimate the value of automation and the meaning of scalability (the ability to modify the number of users accessing a single solution).
At XTM we consider TMS an entire ecosystem, which is more about openness and transparency than the traditional understanding of such system.
Translation ecosystem characteristics
- No limits to the number of users
- All your translation Apps in one place – a comprehensive solution for all your multilingual content requirements
- Fully functional APIs to enable integration with other systems
- 100% Open Standards based
- No vendor lock-in
- No file size limits
- Multiple users working on the same project concurrently, all sharing data in real time
Translation ecosystem structure
Key aspects of an efficient translation ecosystem
Your efficient translation management system should:
- Meet your needs with the minimum of disruption
- Help you improve your processes
- Be an open environment allowing plugin functionality
- Use open standards to give you portability for your assets and lower costs
View my webinar